About the pics..

If you see pictures that belong to you - don't get pissy and complain to google. Just tell me, and I'll either remove them immediately or give you credit and a link - whichever you prefer.

Big Bad Ass Snakes  

Posted by Shirley Twofeathers in , , , ,


This is a Burmese Python,


and this is a Reticulated Python.


She didn't have any trouble going through the fence BEFORE she had someone for dinner.


If a Python did have you for dinner, this is the last thing you would see!


After a really big meal, Pythons are fat and sleepy and not dangerous at all. This makes them easy to catch if someone comes up missing -- like the unfortunate man below!


He wandered away from the work site in the Amazon jungles, got sleepy and took a nap. The nap turned out not to be a such good idea after all.

7 comments

um.... some of those pics are of african rock pythons...

Really? I'm not an expert, which ones are the African Rock Pythons?

The last picture was in Indonesia the reticulated python is in SE Asia, not the Amazon. The man was a woodcutter in the forest and a game warden found the body in the snake after he became missing.

Not to put anyone on the spot, but out of all my years experience with the big snakes, i have only heard of a few cases of people being swallowed by these snakes(and only because of owner stupidity). I just don't see why you make such derrogatory statements about them...

P.S. 'Anonymous' is right in saying that the picture of the snake biting the fence is an African Rock python!

Ok... herpenthusiast777... you're right, the captions under the pictures are pretty inane. I personally love snakes, and didn't think of the captions as being derrogatory...

My only excuse is that it must have been one of those too much tequila kind of afternoons on the day I posted this.

One day soon, when I'm feeling ambitious, I'll edit this post so that the information (albeit inane in content) is at least accurate.

Thank you for setting the record straight. Snakes do tend to get a bad rap, when the truth of the matter is that a confrontation between snake and human tends to be much more dangerous for the snake.

Well... I think they're cool.

Your all friggan stupid. snakes dont eat people! people eat snakes. thats goooooood eatin'!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Another Disclaimer

I found these pictures sitting in the My Documents folder in my computer. I have no idea how they got there or where they came from. It must have been a too much tequila not enough rational thinking kind of night. If one or more of them belongs to you and you don't want them here - I'll be happy to remove them.

Other Cool Pictures

Magic Spells

Prosperity Project

Shirley TwoFeathers

Way Cool Quotes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Visitors

Followers